The little bits and pieces of my internal life.

From the Mosaic
Thursday, July 01, 2004
Mid-Year's Resolution

Here's an interesting thought -- is the potential for public shame and embarrassment enough to make me actually stick to a diet?

Well, clearly, there's only one way to answer this.

As of this morning, I weighed X pounds. For the benefit of those who don't know me personally, I'm fat. You don't need to know how fat.

In three months, on the morning of October 1, I will weigh no more than X - 15 pounds.

This is modest, of course, but if I tried something grand and failed, it would be, well, embarrassing. Barring a major life catastrophe, 15 pounds in three months is eminently achievable.

I'm not going to talk about this much between now and then; don't worry about anything awful like daily or even weekly updates. But know, every time you check in, that I'm probably kind of hungry. :-)
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Contact Me
noramsey@gmail.com
See my profile

Favorite Links
Unstructured Musings
Lost in Transmission
Existential Harmonics
Rob Berry
Slate
Andrew Sullivan

Archives
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • April 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • January 2006
  • March 2006
  • May 2006
  • July 2007


  • Index of Current Titles

    Mid-Year's Resolution

    Powered by Blogger