The little bits and pieces of my internal life.

From the Mosaic
Monday, November 22, 2004
An Observation on the Mutation of Style

I feel perturbed now.

I've been watching television, because it's Monday and my husband is off learning about accounting, and I just saw a commercial for Care Bears. The commercial was utterly devoid of irony. This means that I saw Care Bears invented, become uncool, be resurrected by indy-punk-post-ironic Gen-X types, become noticed by Hot Topic and spread throughout every mall in America, and eventually become mainstream enough again to be marketed as a straight-ahead toy for kids without any self-parody whatsoever.

Fashion, you are a fickle thing.
 
Comments:
...and no, I will not be taking my toddler to see it, even though this was the first I heard about it. The Care Bears game inflicts quite enough horror on me as is, thank you. And Robert is still scarred from Dora The Explorer's Fairy Tale Adventure.

Just in case you cared.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Contact Me
noramsey@gmail.com
See my profile

Favorite Links
Unstructured Musings
Lost in Transmission
Existential Harmonics
Rob Berry
Slate
Andrew Sullivan

Archives
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • April 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • January 2006
  • March 2006
  • May 2006
  • July 2007


  • Index of Current Titles

    An Observation on the Mutation of Style

    Powered by Blogger