The little bits and pieces of my internal life.

From the Mosaic
Saturday, April 09, 2005
An Obligatory Post to Demonstrate My Continuing Existence

No overdone analysis or even subtle reasoning today, friends; this is solely a post to show everyone that I'm still alive.

I was hoping that by now I'd have something resembling actual news about myself. I was, as I understood it, supposed to discover by March 15 whether I would be starting my MBA part-time at Berkeley this fall. As it turns out, there was a third option beyond "in" or "out" -- the waitlist. Joy. So I'm getting some more data together to send off in an effort to demonstrate that no, really, I'm a great candidate, see? Thanks to everyone who's given me support through all this; here's hoping it pays off so I don't have to come crawling back to y'all for more support next year. :-)

Work continues to exist. A curious thing, really; sometimes one really isn't aware of how much one is affecting one's environment. Apparently, all the walking around, sniffing out interdepartmental communication problems, and interrogations of random engineers as to what they find needlessly tedious and/or annoying about their jobs, as if I were some sort of truffle-hunting pig retrained to have an affinity for business process breakdowns, is causing changes to occur, and for the better. Yay!

It's April 9, which means my other half is at work, slaving away over more and more difficult tax returns. I could tell you about it, but this blog is not devoted to the fine points of disallowed like-kind exchanges under Code Section 1031 and such things. (I'm not even going to dignify that with a link. So there.)

I've updated the links on the right of the page. Another update will be happening very soon, since Kyle decided to give his blog an actual name. And there will be reviews, too, and explanations of what the links are doing on my page, and so forth.

And then, maybe, after that, honest-to-goodness content! Woo!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Contact Me
noramsey@gmail.com
See my profile

Favorite Links
Unstructured Musings
Lost in Transmission
Existential Harmonics
Rob Berry
Slate
Andrew Sullivan

Archives
  • April 2004
  • May 2004
  • June 2004
  • July 2004
  • August 2004
  • September 2004
  • October 2004
  • November 2004
  • December 2004
  • January 2005
  • February 2005
  • April 2005
  • June 2005
  • July 2005
  • August 2005
  • January 2006
  • March 2006
  • May 2006
  • July 2007


  • Index of Current Titles

    An Obligatory Post to Demonstrate My Continuing Existence

    Powered by Blogger